I am excited to invite our supporters on this year's storm chase.
Live streaming commences in early April and continues towards the end of June.
The Premium live stream is complimentary to all who have supported my storm photography and have purchased one or more images per season.
The Premium stream was created to better cater for our long term supporters. It was established in 2015 at no cost to everyone who had supported my work in the past.
As you can imagine there are significant costs in equipment, transportation, data, time and energy to operate a live stream in the US and Australia. Without this ongoing support, live streaming would simply not be possible.
Public (free) streaming is available during limited days and times due to additional operating costs. Our premium supporters help subsidise our costs to provide this service to those who are not in the position to afford it. There is a cost to operate the free stream, so times and dates of operation need to be limited.
Additional features of the Premium live stream are:
- Live Chat (dedicated to our supporters, minimising trolls and disturbances)
- Rewind feature (missed the start or something important? Rewind up to 4 hours during an active/live broadcast)
- Additional streaming (join us before and after our public stream commences/ends).
Broadcasts can start as early as 1pm and have concluded as late as 1.30am
- No delay between live chat comments. (But please keep it reasonable for others)
- Random live stream adventures may occur during storm downtime.
- Ability to access the last archive stream up to 24hrs post broadcast.
(This is for personal viewing only and may not be shared or republished outside of the dedicated groups)
- Unrestricted no-delay live chat.
Cost & Content Package
- The cost to access the Premium Live stream is a single photo $29.95 AUD (10% GST applicable for Australian residents)
- You may choose which photo/s you wish to receive any time during the season or after the completion of the season.
This photo is delivered in .JPG format via a download link. (Please allow time for delivery during peak activity)
- Access to the Premium live stream will continue until the end of the storm season, to renew your access each year simply complete this same process in the following year.
Notifications, access details & groups. (For PREMIUM Supporters)
- We will send you an email every time a new stream is setup for the next days chase.
(This may be done on the day of the chase during peak activity)
- PREMIUM Supporters are invited to join our groups dedicated to announcements and chat amongst viewers. (this is optional)
Link: Severe Storms Premium Group
Link: Severe Storms Member Chat Group
- You will be added to our mailing list for special events and other notifications.
- Changes to the access password may be sent via email.
- Photos to be used for personal / display purposes only.
- Photos may be printed and used in a personal / commercial setting, such as a home or office.
- Photos may not be used on a website, blog, article, or editorial.
- For editorial licensing & pricing, please email Daniel with your requirements.
Obtaining Immediate Access
- After completing the photo purchase, please ensure you follow the instructions below to obtain the username and password.
- When the payment process has completed you are shown a confirmation screen. After 10 seconds you are diverted to our website which shows you your instant access details (Please write these down)
- These details may be updated in future emails notifications.
- UPGRADE PROCESS: Complete this form to obtain access.
- We ask all participants in our live chat and groups to respect one another.
- Any person found abusing, harassing or controlling other members will be removed.
- No advertising or commercial activities are permitted in any forum.
- There are two moderators, "Freenewsau" & "Sandra". We ask that these names are not used in the chat rooms to prevent confusion.
Eg Photo ID: "20130518_tornado_rozel_ks_001"
- Supporters may choose to send us additional support if they wish. This can be done via the link below.
- Emails are generally answered after a storm chase, or during down days. There may be delays in response after a major event or incident.
Thank you to all our supporters who have helped us continue what we do best. We look forward to another safe & amazing storm season.